How to Braid Hair (your Own)
Step 1: Divide Hair Into 3 Equal Sections
Divide your hair into three equal sections. Hold a section in each hand off to each side, and let one section hang in the middle. You should be able to tell by touch whether the sections are relatively equal sized.
Step 2: Grab the Two Outer Sections in One Hand
Grab both outer sections in one hand (your left), keeping them separated with your index finger (so they are still 2 sections and don’t merge together). The center section is still hanging down.
Step 3: Grab the Center Section in Your Free Hand
Grab the hanging section in your free (right) hand. Pull it a bit to the right. Adjust your grip on this section so that your middle, ring, pinkie, and thumb are under the section, and your index finger is over it (see second photo).
Step 4: Cross the Right Outer Section Over the Center Section
Grab what is currently the center section with the thumb, ring, and pinky fingers of your right hand. Twist your right hand so that the section that is on the right crosses over the top of the center section.
Step 5: Grab the Center Section in Your Left Hand
Grab the center section with the index and middle finger of your left hand and pull it to the left, keeping it separate from the other section you’re holding in your left hand by making sure your ring and pinkie fingers of your left hand stay between the two sections.
Step 6: Grab the Left Outer Section and Cross It Over the Center Section
Use your thumb and index finger of your right hand to grab the opposite outer section (the section farthest to the left) above your left hand. Pull this section out of your left hand and over to the right, so that it becomes the new center section. You should now have two sections in your right hand and one in your left.
Step 7: Cross the Right Outer Section Over the Center Section
Use the middle finger of your left hand to grab the right outer section. Pull it out of your right hand. It becomes the new center section. You should now have two sections in your left hand, separated from each other by your ring and pinkie fingers.
Step 8: Cross the Left Outer Section Over the Center Section
Use the index finger and thumb of your right hand to grab the left outer section out of your left hand. Pull it to the right so that it becomes the new center section. You should now have two sections in your right hand, separated from each other by your pinkie, ring, and middle fingers.
Step 9: Keep Crossing Alternate Outer Sections Over the Center Section Until You Run Out of Hair to Braid
Keep crossing alternating outer sections over the center section until you’re done.
The basic idea of braiding:
1. Start with three sections
2. Cross the left section over the center section (so it goes between the center section and the right section).
3. Cross the right section over what is currently the center section (so it goes between the center section and the left section).
4. Cross the left section over what is currently the center section (so it goes between the center section and the right section).
5. Cross the right section over what is currently the center section (so it goes between the center section and the left section).
6. Repeat until you’re done.
If you’re not used to braiding at all, it might be good practice to take three ribbons of different colors, tie them all together at one end, and practice braiding that until you get the idea.
The trick with hair is keeping the sections separate from each other, and keeping an even, downward tension on each of the sections so that the braid hangs nice and straight and even behind your head.
Another trick is to angle two mirrors facing each other, positioning them so that you are able to see the back of your head by looking at the reflection of its reflection in the two mirrors.
Don’t get discouraged if it’s tricky at first- just keep practicing, and soon it will be super easy
JIAMEISI Two Tone Ombre Jumbo Braid Hair Extension 5Pcs/Lot 100g/pc Kanekalon Fiber for Twist Braiding Hair (Black-Burgundy)
- 1.Hair Material :Professional quality advanced Kanekalon synthetic fiber, heat resistant
- 2.Hair Weight & Length: 100g/bundle, 24inch , Long and Elegant,Looks Charming and Beautiful
- 3.Hair Advantages :Smooth, Soft and Durable.easy to grab, braid and twist, comfortable wear
- 4.Entire Head: Recommended purchase 5-6 pcs for full head
- 5.Delivery Time:shipped By USPS To United States it will take 8-15 working days
Ombre Jumbo Braid Hair Extensions 24” 3Pcs/Lot 100g/Pc High Temperature Kanekalon Synthetic Fiber for Twist Braiding Hair(Black To Grey)
- Quantity:3pcs/Lot Ombre Jumbo Braiding Hair ,95g-100g/Pc .For a full head, 5-6 pcs is needed ,Depending on hair style you want , you may need more.
- Material:High Temperature Kanekalon Heat-Resistant Fiber Synthetic Hair, Soft and Tangle Free, Hold The Texture Well.
- Length: Fold Length 24 Inch,48 Inch Total From end to end, Gives You the Most Choice to Diy Your Hair Style.
- Color:Ombre Color From Black to Gray ,add You Hair Volume and Transform Your Look With New Style. Can be Worn for a prom, Wedding or Evening out.
- Usage:Twist for Braid,Box Braid,Marley Braid,Dreadlock,Senegalese Twists
(6Packs)18inch Curly Faux Locs Soft Hair Deep Faux Locs Twist Braids Goddess Locs Crochet Braiding Hair Braids Mambo Hair Extension 24Roots/Pack (18inch, 1B#)
- Material: High Temperature Fiber High Quality Kanekalon Curly Wave Faux Locs Synthetic Hair
- Feather: Curly wave faux locs hair. Nice and soft with no smell and natural looking ends.Don't easily unravel and fray.
- Color: 1B# Color Synthetic hair (1B#, 2#, 4#, 27#, 30#,613#, Burgundy, Purple)
- Length: 18 Inches Curly Faux Locs Crochet Hair, 24 Roots Per Pack
- Advantage: Natural Shining, Smooth Wavy, Light and Soft, Very easy to Install
CoolCos Sythentic Chunky Hair Braid Five Strands Braids Hair Accessories Hair Headband 4A Dark Brown
- Hair Braid Headband can be adjustable,fit for different size of head.
- Heat resistant synthetic Fibre hair accessories
- Braid length approx 36" width 3.5cm,Band is handmade,so the Width will be a little different
- Hair Headband With Elastic band
- You use it enhance your hair style or design any hairstyle you want.
DIY Braids: From Crowns to Fishtails, Easy, Step-by-Step Hair Braiding Instructions
54 used from $ 4.00
- Adams Media Corporation
X-pression Premium Original Ultra Braid. - Color 1B ( Pack of 3 )
- Super Light
- Tangle Free
- Length 82", Color: 1B
- QTY: ( Pack of 3 )
Braids are making appearances both on and off the red carpet — find the braided hairstyle that works perfect for your hair and face shape.
It will also give you some tips on how to make it look great. Once you master it, you can move on to more intricate braids, such as the French braid and fishtail braid.
How To: Dutch/French Braid Your Own Hair | Carli Bybel
Do you guys want to see the hair tutorial from my Valentine's Day video? Let me know!! XO **2 VALENTINES DAY LOOKS! https://youtu.be/4tuAZkUnbVw *My ...